Sharp Auction Engine can introduce you to a TSYS representative should you wish for us to do so. To activate TSYS, you’ll need to talk to a representative of TSYS to set up your TSYS and Authorize.Net accounts. You cannot activate TSYS on your SAE website without first being a member of both TSYS and Authorize.Net.
A representative of TSYS will contact you and assist you with the steps you’ll need to complete before activating TSYS. Once you’ve completed your registration with TSYS and Authorize.Net, complete the steps below to activate TSYS on your website!
You’ll want to have spoken with a Sharp Auction Engine representative prior to this, as we can advise you on the best payment processor for your business based on your auction industry!
**YOUR BIDDERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THEIR CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD INFORMATION UNTIL YOU HAVE ACTIVATED A PAYMENT PROCESSOR ON YOUR SAE WEBSITE. THE STEPS FOR ACTIVATING TSYS ARE OUTLINED BELOW**
1. Log in to your Authorize.Net account. You can do so at https://account.authorize.net/. Once you’ve logged in, click the Account tab.
2. Locate the “Basic Fraud Settings” section. You’ll need to check both the “Card Code Verification” and Address Verification Service” modules to make sure your settings are optimal for how you plan to conduct business. Contact a Sharp Auction Engine employee or your TSYS representative if you have any questions!
3. Also within your “Basic Fraud Settings” is a “Cardholder Authentication” button. You’ll need to navigate to this page and make sure that you’ve enrolled in both the Visa and Mastercard authentication programs.
4. Once you’ve edited your “Basic Fraud Settings” in the Security Settings section, click the link that says “API Credentials and Keys”.
5. On this page, you’ll need to locate your “API Login ID”. If you haven’t created a Transaction Key yet, you’ll also need to do so now. If you’ve already created a Transaction Key, simply answer your security question to create a new one.
6. After you locate your API Key and create your Transaction Key, you’ll also need to create a Public Client Key. You can do so by navigating to your Account Settings and clicking the “Manage Public Client Key” button:
After doing so, you’ll need to either create a new Public Client Key, or generate one to replace your old Key.
7. Open a new tab, and in that tab log in to your SAE website.
8. Navigate to the “Payments” Tab on your Auctioneer Dashboard. Click the “Add a Payment Method” button.
9. Select “TSYS” from the dropdown menu and click the “Save Changes” button.
10. Once you’ve saved your changes, you’ll need to locate your API Login ID, transaction key, and public client key from Steps 4 and 5, and copy & paste them into the required fields. Be sure to switch your invoicing and pre-authorizations to “Enabled” if you plan to use these features. Feel free to enter a “Default Per Auction Pre-Auth”. This Pre-Auth will be applied to every new catalog you create! If you’d rather not have a blanket pre-auth charge, you can also have different Pre-Auths for individual auctions.
Be sure to save your changes when you’re done!
Congratulations, you’ve activated the Authorize.Net payment gateway on your SAE website!